- Log in to GitHub.
- Click on Authentication and configure the following settings:
- Identity Provider URL – the Single Sign-On Service Location URL (found under Global Settings > SAML Metadata in the M-Pin SSO web console)
- Certificate – M-Pin SSO X.509 certificate (found under Global Settings > SSO information in the M-Pin SSO web console)
In the M-Pin SSO web console:
- Under Integration, click on the + button next to GitHub profiles.
The Add GitHub profile page is displayed.
- Complete the required fields and save the profile. Settings:
- Name: (required) – name of the profile, e.g. Sample GitHub Profile
- LDAP profile: – if you have LDAP profiles configured, they will be available in this drop-down
- Recipient URL: – IAM client application end point to which the M-Pin SSO SAML response is returned
- Hostname: (required) – the URL of your GitHub server
After saving, the profile is displayed on the GitHub profiles page.
From this point on, when your users visit the GitHub service and enter an email address belonging to the profile just set up, GitHub will detect that single sign-on is enabled and a password will no longer be necessary.